Terms & Policies
Terms of Service
Last modified: December 2020
Reporting Claims of Copyright and/or Related Rights Infringement
1) We seriously take claims for infringement on copyright and/or related rights matter. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations or practices etc. If user or you (such terms may be equally used) believe any materials accessible on or from Kwai infringe your copyright and/or related rights, you may request removal of those materials by submitting written notification, the "Copyright Notice" that must substantially include the following:
(a) Your physical or electronic signature, whether simple or reliable.
(b) Identification of the copyrighted works and/or the material subject matter of protection for related rights you believe or consider it has been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on Kwai, a representative list of such works.
(c) Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material. Namely, identify the content of the claimed infringement and specify the electronic location data to which the claimed infringement is referred to.
(d) Indicate name of owner or legal representative and contact means to receive notifications.
(e) Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
(f) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material and/or related rights is not authorized by the corresponding copyright owner, its agent or the law.
(g) A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
(h) A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright and/or related rights owner.
Our designated copyright agent to receive Copyright Notices is:
Copyright Notice Department
Joyo Technology Pte. Ltd.
2) If you fail to comply with all of the requirements above, your Copyright Notice may not be effective.
3) Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the APP or Website is infringing your copyright and/or related rights, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) according to the provisions of applicable laws, rules, regulations or practices etc.
Counter Notification Procedures
1) If you believe that material you posted on the APP was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter notification with us (a "Counter Notice") :
- By Email: email@example.com
Counter Notice must substantially include the following:
(a) Your physical or electronic signature.
(b) An identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access disabled.
(c) Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
(d) An explanation about why you believe the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
(e) Supporting information evidencing the ownership or authorization for that specific use of the removed, deleted or disabled content, or support its use according to the limitations and exceptions to the rights protected by applicable laws, rules, regulations or practices etc. on Intellectual Property matter.
(f) User whose content is removed, deleted or disabled due to a possible infringing behaviour and it considers Kwai is wrong, may request to restate the content by means of a counter notice in which its ownership or authorization shall be evidenced for that specific use on the removed, deleted or disabled content or it shall support its use according to the limitations and exceptions to the rights protected by applicable laws, rules, regulations or practices etc. on Intellectual Property matter.
If Kwai receives a counter notice according to the above-stated provisions, it shall report on the counter-notice to the person who submitted the original notice and enable the content subject matter of the counter-notice unless the person submitting the original notice brings a judicial or administrative proceeding, a criminal denounce or an alternate settlement of controversies system during a term not exceeding 15 business days as from the date on which Kwai has reported about the counter-notice to the person that submitted the original notice.
KWAI shall not be bound to supervise or monitor your systems or networks controlled and operated by it or on its behalf to actively search possible infringements to the copyrights or related rights protected by this Law and occurring on-line.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the Accounts of users who are repeat infringers.