Kwai provides everyone with the platform to record and share their lives. with over 700 million users worldwide, and millions of original videos published every day.
Here, you can explore a real and interesting world.
- August 2019: Lead investment in Zhihu
- In August 2019, Kwai led the $434 million investment in Zhihu, China’s most popular question-and-answer platform together with Baidu.
- May 2019: DAU Milestone of 200 million
- Kwai reached the milestone of 200 million DAU. More than 16 million performers earned income through Kwai’s platform using methods such as e-commerce, reflecting its rural popularity.
- Jun 2018: A wholly-owned acquisition of Acfun
- On June 5th, Kwai acquired Acfun wholly-owned, and gave Acfun strong support in terms of capital, resources and technology. Acfun Station maintained independent brands and original teams and maintained independent operations.
- Dec 2017: DAU breakthrough 110 million
- The technology drive has brought about rapid growth, achieving a DAU breakthrough of 110 million
- Feb 2016: More than 300 million users
- The total number of Kwai users on Android and IOS exceeds 300 million in 2016. And we will go further in the future.
- Aug 2015: App Store TOP 30
- From now on, Kwai has remained the TOP 30 free apps in App Store for more than a year.
- Jun 2015: More than 100 million users
- After the four-year journey, the total number of Kwai users on Android and IOS exceeds 100 million.
- Jun 2015: 2.6 million videos uploaded in a day
- The number of videos uploaded by Kwai users tops 2.6 million on June 15, 2015. Whether it is in first-tier cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, or in the remote third-tier or forth-tier cities, Kwai users are remarkably creative.
- Nov 2014: Renamed to Kwai
- After two years of development, the app name had become a constraint to our growth. Therefore, we decided to remove GIF from the previous name, and restarted our journey with a new name of broader meaning.
- Oct 2013: Transformed into short video social platform
- With all the efforts in more than one year, we had made great progress in short video social business and completely broken away from the restriction of tool-orientation, achieving significant increase in the number of users as well as the active duration of users.
- Nov 2012: A tough decision
- In November 2012, we made a tough decision to transform from a purely tool application into a short video community. The transformation brought with it a lot of negative effects, however, we still moved forward to a promising future.
- Mar 2011: Gif-show was Born
- In 2011 when Mobile Internet was surging, thousands of Apps came into being, including Gif-show.